Tuesday, April 26, 2011

McGangbang burger


McGangbang burger
I think most people have went to McDonald’s order their meals, but I how many of you try ordered a special burger in McDonalds before? Will they really make for you? I have received a mission from my professor which is going to any McDonalds the one not near Baruch and order a McGangbang burger which is a double cheeseburger with an entire McChicken sandwich stuffed in the middle of the double cheeseburger. According to my professor said we can’t let the McDonald’s staff know that this is a school assignment.
I went to the McDonald’s in Wal-mart around 10:00am in stony brook. I think in the morning there will be less people in the McDonald in Wal-mart. They are only two white American work there, i am the only one who order in the cashier and I told them I want a McGangbang burger, they said they don’t have it. I try to explain that it is a double cheeseburger with a McChicken shoved in it. But she told me they don’t have Mcchicken in this McDonald, they ask me to go to other McDonalds nearby. I shopping there for a while, then I went to another McDonalds which is on 2324 Nesconset Stony Brook about 11:40 am. I think morning will have less people than other time. Most of people will use the drive through at that time, and that will make me order this special burger normally. Most of staff in this McDonald are also white American. Just like what I thought, there just few people eating inside, the drive through is much more busy. I told the cashier I want to order a McGangbang burger, she told me they don’t have it. I did the same thing what I did in the other McDonald, I try to explain and they accepted. Everything is not as simple as what I think, they give me two speared burgers, I told her this is not what I am order. While I was explaining to her again, she asked me put these together by myself. I said no, I want to see your manager, I think he or she will know what I really want. She told me she is the manager here, she asked me to repeat again, and this time she listened to me carefully. She said she will give me what I really want, she went back to the area people who make hamburgers she is asking herself how to make a McGangband burger. Others are laughed on her, and some of them are asking what are you doing? I heard what she said “I am making a Gangband burger” that’s make me laugh. Others saying what is Gangbang burger? 4 or 5minutes later she brings my gangbang burger out and asked is it what you want? I checked it carefully, I said yes. Thank you so much.
If I were hired as a management consultant to this particular McDonald's I would rate the staff's management process very high. The communication they exhibited to each other was trying to be helpful in processing my order. The order was complicated exactly what I expected. The burger she give me is very perfect, she is not only put a burger to another and I saw that when she make that burger she is take seriously I can see that from the cashier. She didn’t give me negative communication to me as the customer, when she knows she make a mistake for customer’s order she feels a little embarrassed. She humbly ask and she brings me not only a burger, and also I can feel her kindness and sincere. When others laugh at her she didn’t say anything, just thinking how to make a special burger the customer order. I think that’s why she can be the manager there. Because she has difference from others which is she is service people with kindness.
I think the actual manufacturing was medium. After the order was taken, it just takes one minute for two burgers. Even though they handed me the wrong order, but it still shows they have work efficiency. After the remake, they really gave me what I want. The most appreciate is she acknowledged the error, and trying to do their best for the guests.
If I had to pick a leader in this case I think I will choose the manager. She didn’t refuse any strange order, and she takes care of it. She did her best to service everyone, when she thinks it is an acceptable order she tries to make it possible and she do it by herself. I think leadership is a necessary skill to work at McDonald's. Different development stages of enterprises facing a different conflict, requires a different leadership, required by different types of genius who can be qualified.

1 comment:

  1. I also tried to go to the McDonald's which is not crowed and less people.
    I agree that everything is not as simple as what I think. It was hard to explain our special order and the staff were confused it. However they tried to help us and the order was complicated exactly what i wanted. I was lucky because the staff who received my order was very kind and she did her best to service for me.

    ReplyDelete