Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog Topic #5: The ABCs of DISC

According to the DISC game we played in the last class before Spring Break, I am a type “D”. I got most on D and I. This means I am a dominance person. This type person they getting immediate results and making quick decisions when people discuss. They are one of the main people who can solve problems. To be more effective, this person needs techniques base on practical experience and identification with a group. I think I am on the right part from the test, but if I can choose another type I think I will choose “C”. Because I saw a report from news which says conscientiousness person will live longer than others. They always doing right things on right ways, people call these people prudent. The decisions they make must be carefully considered. No reckless behavior here, I hope i can be one of these kinds of person. I think if you understand what kind of personal behavior you are you can change what you want to be. You can take change for previous behavior, change the bad to goods, try to acquire some good behaviors which can make you change become the type of person you want to be.
I think this test really help people better understand what they should change, from the test they understand more what kind of personal behaviors they have. They will have right direction point them to be success. I think I understand more that what kind personal I am, what should I do and what I need to improve myself to upper level.

2 comments:

  1. I guess most people in class are "D", however, why you called this assessment " the DISC game we played in the class" ? .in any case I'm not agree with on the "C" type will live long just because their personality type, getting right or wrong has no link to how long one can live. But I do agree with you on knowing yourself will help you do batter and change from bad to good ,and also you can always adapt yourself to other type personlity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I feel that we all share a little of each personality type so the test may not be entirely accurate, meaning you can't just characterize a person as one or two types. I also think the way we behave depends on the environments we're in or the task/situation at hand.

    I agree with you that C is a very desirable personality type because people with C types are independent and have direction in life.

    ReplyDelete